Trading Documentation Specialist
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver superior, long-term results for our clients by looking past market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. Our focus on practical insights and analysis has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We are determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we will ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
The Counterparty Risk & Trading Documentation team is looking to hire an exceptionally talented individual to join the group as a Trading Documentation Specialist. The group is broadly responsible for preparing AQR funds and managed accounts for trading activities with counterparties and service providers and maintaining those relationships over time. This includes activities such as maintaining trading documentation across our fund and managed account platform to support trading globally across most asset classes. Documents include master trading agreements, confirmations, execution, transaction and custody related agreements. Activities relate to new mandate onboarding, new strategy and product implementation, and updating existing documentation for counterparty and industry changes. Organizationally, this role reports into the Head of Counterparty Risk & Trading Documentation and is part of the Risk Management group.
Provide legal advice and support across all activities of the group. Specifically, negotiating prime brokerage financing agreements, ISDA master agreements, master confirmations, tri-party agreements, repo agreements – GMRAs and MRAs, futures clearing and cleared derivative agreements, intermediation arrangements and execution agreements and facilities.
- Facilitate onboarding of new funds and managed accounts by coordinating with various departments and functions internally (Legal, Portfolio Management, Portfolio Finance, Operations, Client Administration and Business Development) and externally, with clients
- Support ongoing activities of existing funds as it pertains to trading documentation to add new providers, new products, new arrangements
- Work closely with senior management to understand and respond to emerging regulatory issues related to counterparty documentation
- Help design and implement tools and infrastructure for the group to create more robust and sustainable processes overall
- Provide updates of activities to management and business groups and help with internal training of counterparty trading related issues and developments
What You’ll Bring
- Law Degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree with strong academic credentials will be considered
- Five years’ experience negotiating the full range of trading agreements with key banking groups with a deep understanding of documentation terms and related risks
- Ability and willingness to draft trading agreements, concepts and terms, when necessary
- General knowledge of financial products, market, risk and collateral management practices at buy and sell side institutions
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and general awareness of global regulatory framework affecting both sell-side and buy-side is a plus
Who You Are
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task and keep track of competing deadlines
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written); able to communicate complex ideas in a simple, succinct and understandable fashion
- Hard working and eager to take on responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic and self-starting with a pragmatic, results-driven orientation
- Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to operate within a collaborative, team-oriented culture as well as operate independently
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.