Multi-Asset Class - Product Specialist Analyst
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver superior, long-term results for our clients by seeking to filter out market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. Underpinning this philosophy is an unrelenting commitment to excellence in technology — powering our insights and analysis. This unique combination has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies since 1998.
AQR takes a systematic, research-driven approach, applying quantitative tools to process fundamental information and manage risk. Our clients include institutional investors, such as pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, and sovereign wealth funds, as well as financial advisors.
About the Team
The Multi-Asset Class (MAC) group is responsible for AQR’s strategic and tactical risk parity strategies, total return portfolios, as well as customized mandates for strategic clients. MAC works closely across AQR’s research teams including Global Asset Allocation and Global Stock Selection to deliver sophisticated investment solutions to our clients.
Product specialist teams play a key role bridging AQR’s portfolio management and research process to other functional areas, particularly business development. They are an integral part of initiatives to create, manage, and market specific AQR strategies. Product specialist teams are key to processes related to research and development, creating content for customized internal and external presentations, new account onboarding, portfolio implementation monitoring, performance analysis, and interactions with existing clients and prospects.
Product specialists also serve as portfolio management team representatives in interactions with the rest of the firm including portfolio implementation, trading, business development, legal, compliance, risk, operations, and marketing teams. Through this collaboration, product specialists possess in-depth knowledge of the strategies they cover and are expected to be in-house experts of their respective products.
We are seeking an exceptional individual join the Product Specialist team representing AQR’s Multi-Asset Class strategies. This role will partner with senior specialists on producing and sharing customized materials and analytics for internal stakeholders and external clients. You will collaborate with researchers and portfolio managers for AQR’s risk parity and total return strategies in alternative and traditional investment vehicles and you will have the opportunity to work with senior investment professionals across the firm. Advanced technical skills, excellent analytical ability, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Produce custom portfolio analysis to support internal and external requests and create new strategy narratives
- Partner on projects with research, technology, and business development to create tools and systems that improve processes
- Coordinate cross-functionally to review, fact-check, and approved external materials
- Write and summarize market commentary for internal and external consumption
- Author, customize, and compile quarterly letters
- Create and organize reports for internal understanding and review
- Compose and review client Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Skillfully manage operational aspects of the function, coordinating workflows to effectively handle incoming requests and priorities
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative, technical, or business discipline; strong academic credentials required; CFA in-process or completed a plus
- At least 2 years of relevant post-undergraduate experience at an investment management, asset management, or consulting firm
- Understanding and application of investment concepts including portfolio theory
- Demonstrated experience working with intricate data sets to distill, analyze, and present information based on audience and business objectives
- A client-first mentality with a high attention to detail and strong sense of ownership
- Ability to apply practical intuition and common sense in conducting complex data analysis
- Strong technical aptitude with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, programming skills in Python, and knowledge of SQL
- Ability to communicate with maturity, credibility, and clarity both verbally and in writing
Who You Are
- Well-organized, detail-oriented; able to multi-task and keep track of various deadlines in a fast-paced, high demand environment
- Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Creative, resourceful, and driven - an intelligent risk taker and someone who does not grow complacent with success
- Hard-working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, innovative environment
- Highest level of integrity, empathy, and character
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.