Macro and Managed Futures - Product Specialist Analyst/Associate
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
About the Team
The Macro and Multi-Strategy team is responsible for the research and portfolio management of AQR’s Global Macro, Managed Futures, Risk Parity, and Commodities Strategies. The person fulfilling this role will focus on the firm’s range of Global Macro and Managed Futures strategies.
Product specialist teams play a key role bridging AQR’s portfolio management and research process to other functional areas, particularly business development. They are an integral part of initiatives to create, market and manage specific AQR products. Product specialist teams are integral to processes related to new product research and development, creating content for new and customized internal and external presentations, new account onboarding, portfolio implementation monitoring, performance analysis, and interactions with existing clients and prospects. Product specialists serve as portfolio management team representatives in interactions with the rest of the firm including portfolio implementation, trading, business development, legal, compliance, risk, operations and marketing teams. Through this collaboration, product specialist teams have in-depth knowledge of the strategies they cover and are expected to be in-house experts of their respective products.
AQR Capital Management is looking for exceptionally talented professionals to join our team covering AQR’s Global Macro and Managed Futures products. This role will partner with senior specialists on producing and sharing customized analytics for client portfolios internally and externally. It provides end-to-end exposure to the research and portfolio management processes for AQR’s Global Macro and Managed Futures strategies in alternative and traditional investment vehicles and the opportunity to work with senior investment professionals across functions. Advanced technical skills and analytical ability, strong communication skills, and interest in the needs of our clients and business is required.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Portfolio monitoring:
- Analyze portfolio exposures and performance using existing tools, and drive the development of new monitoring tools
- Conduct portfolio analysis and present results to portfolio managers
- Be familiar with fund’s investment parameters, and review these on a regular basis
- Additional department specific tasks such as: participate in a new fund onboarding, including launch and post-launch analysis, and build, maintain and present competitor analysis reports
- Client communication:
- Prepare review materials covering monthly, quarterly, and yearly performance
- Create, review, and approve presentations used by business development
- Complete bespoke portfolio analysis to answer client queries
- Develop tools to enhance and streamline data used in client portfolio reviews
- Organize and run analyses for RFPs
- Sample projects:
- Analyze how and why specific competitors out- or underperform our implementation
- Build monitoring tools to better understand more complex portfolio dynamics
- Drive processes to automate and systematically implement relevant and frequent analytics and client deliverables
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative, technical or business discipline; strong academic credentials required
- Strong technical aptitude with demonstrated ability to use programming skills and technology to solve complex problems
- Proficiency in Excel is required; Knowledge of SQL and Python strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to distill and present complex information in a manner that most effectively addresses request
- Maturity, credibility and clarity both in verbal and in written communication.
Who You Are
- Well-organized, detail-oriented; able to multi-task and keep track of various deadlines in a fast-paced, high demand environment
- Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Highest level of integrity, empathy and character
- Creative, resourceful, and driven – an intelligent risk taker and someone who does not grow complacent with success
- Hard-working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, innovative environment
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.