Global Stock Selection - Research Analyst/Associate
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
About The Team
The Global Stock Selection (GSS) group is responsible for the portfolio management and research of AQR's strategies relating to individual equities and equity related securities across all global liquid markets. GSS models are applied to market-neutral long/short portfolios in AQR hedge funds as well as to long-only, relaxed-constraint and low volatility portfolios for institutional equity mandates and mutual funds.
AQR Capital Management is seeking a talented Researcher to join our team of professionals and focus on our proprietary strategies related to global stock selection. Candidates should be motivated and enthusiastic about implementing new ideas and are expected to be hands-on and self-sufficient in conducting all aspects of research projects. The role will involve collaboration with other researchers, portfolio managers, risk managers and traders to develop new and improve current investment strategies. Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Engage in research and other quantitative analysis to improve current investment strategies in collaboration with existing research team
- Perform statistical and economic research using financial or alternative data to develop new return predictive signals
- Conduct research on various aspects of the implementation of investment strategies such as trading cost models, risk models, optimization, and portfolio construction
- Add features to proprietary research system to implement new research ideas
What You’ll Bring
- B.S. degree from top institution in economics, finance, computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or another quantitative discipline. Advanced degrees also welcome
- 0-2+ years’ experience working in a similar quantitative or technical environment. Experience in quantitative research at an asset manager or hedge fund preferred
- Experience using programming skills to manipulate large financial data sets for empirical research. Strong skills in one or more high-level languages required, with Python or Java preferred
- Strong quantitative skills with demonstrated understanding of mathematics, probability, statistics and linear algebra
- Strong understanding of economic and financial concepts and demonstrated intuition around applying these concepts in a quantitative environment
- Demonstrated ability to express and articulate ideas and thought processes in both verbal and written form
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Who You Are
- Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to operate within a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Committed to intellectual integrity, with a high degree of ethics
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, innovative environment
- Well- organized, detail- oriented, with strong communication skills; able to multi-task and keep track of various deadlines
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.