Global Alternative Premia - Product Specialist Analyst
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver superior, long-term results for our clients by seeking to filter out market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. Underpinning this philosophy is an unrelenting commitment to excellence in technology — powering our insights and analysis. This unique combination has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies since 1998.
AQR takes a systematic, research-driven approach, applying quantitative tools to process fundamental information and manage risk. Our clients include institutional investors, such as pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, as well as financial advisors.
About the Team
The Global Alternative Premia (GAP) group is responsible for AQR’s alternative risk premia funds, certain multi-strategy products, tax-aware products, as well as customized mandates for strategic clients. GAP works closely with all of AQR’s research teams including Global Asset Allocation, Global Stock Selection, and Arbitrage teams to deliver investment solutions.
Product specialist teams play a key role in AQR’s portfolio management performance analytics and client communication. These priorities naturally lead to a variety of projects related to product enhancement, bespoke analysis, and new product development.
Product specialist teams are involved in many stages of the investment process, including new business presentations, new account onboarding, portfolio management, performance monitoring and analysis, and portfolio review meetings with clients. The teams interact closely with the rest of the firm including research, trading, business development, legal, compliance, risk and marketing. Through this collaboration, product teams have in-depth understanding of the strategies they cover and are expected to be in-house experts of their respective products. They are an integral part of initiatives to create, manage, and sell AQR products.
We are seeking an exceptionally talented individual to join our Global Alternative Premia team. This role will partner with experienced investment professionals on portfolio analysis, reporting and building process frameworks required for custom client requests and analytics. Solid analytical skills are required, along with interest in applying these in a client facing function.
- Complete bespoke portfolio analysis to answer client queries and support client communications including marketing materials and pitch books. Present results to internal product and portfolio teams in a clear, comprehensive manner.
- Develop tools and process frameworks to enhance and streamline data used in client portfolio reviews.
- Analyze portfolio exposures and performance using existing tools, and drive the development of new tools for monitoring.
- Gain understanding of fund’s investment parameters, and review these on a regular basis.
- Maintain and present competitor analysis reports.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or quantitative discipline
- 1- 2 years of experience in financial services or related industry; quantitative or technical function preferred
- Demonstrated acumen around financial concepts
- Skilled in tailoring information based on audience and business objective(s)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; communicates with maturity, credibility and clarity
- Proven analytical skills
- Knowledge of SQL and Python upon joining is preferred
- Programming skills or a willingness to learn basic programming is required
Who You Are
- Well-organized, detail-oriented; able to multi-task and keep track of various deadlines in a fast- paced, high demand environment
- Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Highest level of integrity, empathy and character
- Creative, resourceful, and motivated - an intelligent risk taker and someone who does not grow complacent with success
- Hard-working and eager to learn in a highly academic, innovative environment
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.