Fixed Income - Product Specialist Analyst/Associate
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver superior, long-term results for our clients by seeking to filter out market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. Underpinning this philosophy is an unrelenting commitment to excellence in technology — powering our insights and analysis. This combination has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies since 1998.
AQR takes a systematic, research-driven approach, applying quantitative tools to process fundamental information and manage risk. Our clients include institutional investors, such as pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, as well as financial advisors.
About The Team
Product specialist teams play a key role in portfolio management, product development, strategy enhancement, and business management. They are involved in many stages of the product lifecycle including new business presentations, new account onboarding, portfolio implementation, performance monitoring and analysis, and portfolio review meetings with clients. The teams interact closely with the rest of the firm including research, portfolio management, trading, business development, product management, legal, compliance, risk and marketing. Through this collaboration, product management teams have in-depth knowledge of the strategies they cover and are expected to be experts of their respective products. They are an integral part of initiatives to create, manage, and sell AQR products.
AQR seeks to recruit an Associate to work with Product Specialist and Product Management teams, to focus on the firm’s Fixed Income product line. The successful candidate will be responsible for communicating investment strategy and performance to a wide range of investors globally based on a deep understanding of AQR product offerings and capabilities. This professional will work in close collaboration with AQR’s research, portfolio management and business development teams to ensure proper representation of Fixed Income products and a high level of client service to investors. AQR teams operate with the highest degree of mutual respect and collaboration. This position is a highly valued position within the firm and of critical importance to our ongoing growth and success.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of AQR’s full fixed income investment capabilities.
- Effectively communicate the firm’s product offerings and investment philosophy, processes and resources to strategically position the firm against industry competitors.
- Maintain significant direct verbal, written and interpersonal communication with clients and colleagues to confidently articulate and communicate ideas through investor letters, fund updates, and other relevant information.
- Assist in the research and creation of thought leadership pieces.
- Work closely with others on product development opportunities, firm branding, positioning and communications.
- Function as a champion of the Fixed Income business, working with investment teams, senior business leaders and business development partners to determine proper positioning of strategies and represent products internally and externally.
- Contribute to and continually improve product messaging to existing clients and prospective investors, including pitch books, fund update presentations, and ongoing client reporting.
- Serve as key point of contact for day-to-day requests from external clients and internal business development teams, overseeing workflow and coordinating responsibilities to effectively handle incoming requests and priorities.
What You'll Bring
- Excellent academic credentials in a quantitative or technical discipline.
- At least 3 years of professional experience; at least 1 year of investment management experience related to fixed income products, preferably in a portfolio management or product specialist role.
- Demonstrated ability to write code for analysis: proficiency in Excel and one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, R, Perl, MATLAB).
- Superior analytical ability with a deep understanding of quantitative investment strategies.
- Ability to communicate and position complex strategies effectively to a broad range of institutional investors both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in a client-facing capacity with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated work ethic, competitiveness and tenacity required to achieve top performance.
Who You Are
- Well-organized, detail-oriented; able to multi-task and keep track of various deadlines in a fast- paced, high demand environment
- Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Highest level of integrity, empathy and character
- Creative, resourceful, and driven - an intelligent risk taker and someone who does not grow complacent with success
- Hard-working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, innovative environment
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.