2022 Research Analyst
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
AQR Capital Management is looking for exceptionally talented professionals to join our team as Research Analysts upon graduation in July 2022. Our Analysts participate in a variety of integral business functions including research, data analysis, portfolio optimization, risk management and programming. Analysts gain hands-on experience in quantitative research as well as the opportunity to become familiar with quantitative asset management and the investment philosophy which drives AQR. Our Analysts work in collaboration with researchers and portfolio managers in developing and maintaining trading strategies for the firm.
- Engage in the development of AQR’s proprietary quantitative investment strategies
- Perform statistical and economic research on financial data related to systematic strategies
- Work closely with portfolio managers to assist in the implementation of investment strategies
- Add features to proprietary research system to implement new research ideas
- Participate in the design and development of research infrastructure for the purpose of conducting economic and statistical research
What You’ll Bring
- B.S. in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Math, Engineering etc.)
- Programming skills with demonstrated experience; Python preferred but not required
- Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
- Strong GPA and SAT scores
Who You Are
- Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to operate within a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Committed to intellectual integrity, with a high degree of ethics
- Hard- working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, innovative environment
- Well- organized, detail- oriented, with strong communication skills; able to multi-task and keep track of various deadlines
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.