Quantitative Research Development - PI - VP
About AQR Capital Management India
AQR is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver superior, long-term results for our clients by seeking to filter out market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. Underpinning this philosophy is an unrelenting commitment to excellence in technology — powering our insights and analysis. This unique combination has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies with more than 140 Bn$ of asset under management.
AQR takes a systematic, research-driven approach, applying quantitative tools to process fundamental information and manage risk. Our clients include institutional investors, such as pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, as well as financial advisors. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration. We believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
Our Bengaluru office is key component of our global Engineering strategy. Our Software engineers work in research, portfolio implementation, trading and enterprise engineering teams They are responsible for designing and developing systems that drive the quantitative strategy research and implementation.
As a Tech Lead in Portfolio Implementation & Engineering team you will design and develop -
- Global asset risk estimation system incorporating large amount of data
- High-performance historical simulation engine
- Portfolio construction systems for our quantitative investment strategies
- Portfolio optimization systems to incorporate real world constraints on research strategies
You will partner with not only local but also global team of engineers and researchers for successful product delivery. You would be expected to lead initiatives both in technology transformation and business driven projects along with significant individual contribution along with guiding and mentoring junior team members.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Expertise in Java programming language
- Outstanding coding, debugging, and analytical skills
- Experience of design and architecture including object oriented design, distributed systems and microservices
- Ability to lead technology initiatives through the development lifecycle and to manage workstreams within overall project
- Ability to guide and mentor junior team members
- Experience of working with cloud technologies and containers would be a plus
- Knowledge of other programming languages(Python, C++, Go, Scala) would be a plus
- Demonstrated contributions to open-source software would also a plus
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Willingness to learn and work on new technologies
Who You Are
- Mature, thoughtful, and a natural fit for a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Hard-working and eager to learn in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Committed to intellectual integrity, transparency, and openness
- Motivated by the transformational effects of technology-at-scale
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.