Model Data Analyst
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
In your role as a Data Specialist, you will be squarely focused on ensuring that new data from the global financial markets and other points of interest are successfully added to AQR’s research pipeline. Your work will be instrumental in kicking off the research lifecycle, providing your colleagues with the raw information they need to generate the keen economic insights that underpin our investment success.
- Direct oversight of the daily data load and validation process
- Potential to expand your technical expertise and gain more experience and training in Python, SQL and machine learning
- Monitor and manage the daily processMonitor arrival and economic validity of new data
Interact with data loading and checking systems both programmatically and via GUI
- Assess data validation exceptionsResearch and interpret the effect of economic and/or corporate events on data related to: markets, financial instruments, economic indicators, financial analysis measures, etc.
Conclude whether flagged values must be approved or represent true errors that require follow up
What You’ll Bring
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Understanding of or experience in some of the following:SQL, Python
- Economic events and related indicators
- Financial instruments such as stocks, bonds, derivatives, futures
- Financial statement analysis and corporate finance
- Portfolio management (factor investing)
- Statistical measures and analysis
- Data validation, cleansing, normalization, ETL
Who You Are
- Organized and able to work under daily deadlines
- Able to prioritize and optimize own workload as a function of unexpected events and existing parallel/serial workflows
- Ability to balance/optimize finding own solutions and asking for help
- Good communicator who is able to be persistent and effective in following up on issues that block the process which require input from others in order to be solved
This job is not eligible to be performed in Colorado
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.