Portfolio Implementation Analyst
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
About the Team
The Portfolio Implementation team is responsible for the construction, optimization, and management of AQR’s global asset allocation and stock selection portfolios. Portfolio Implementation works closely with researchers to bring to market new systematic investment strategies and refine existing ones, applying a practical understanding of markets to portfolio management decisions. Portfolio Implementation Analysts/Associates manage portfolios across a broad range of investment mandates and across global markets in a collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment. They oversee all portfolio level activities and manage the launch of new investment mandates, coordinating across senior portfolio managers, client relationship managers and key functional groups. Exceptional candidates will quickly gain significant responsibility to shape key aspects of portfolio / strategy construction and implementation.
Our team is looking for an exceptionally talented individual to join the Portfolio Implementation team as a Portfolio Implementation Analyst/Associate. Portfolio Implementation team members are exposed to all aspects of the portfolio management process for our global portfolios as well as opportunities to work with senior investment professionals within the firm. The candidate will also become intimately familiar with the financial industry and the investment philosophy which drives AQR. Tasks include:
· Portfolio construction, optimization and trade generation:
- Optimize portfolios based on model views, market frictions, and investment guidelines
- Oversee and interpret results of daily portfolio optimizations
- Devise trading plan to manage exposures and liquidity for portfolio inflows/redemptions
· Portfolio monitoring:
- Analyze portfolio characteristics and attribute performance drivers
- Design and enhance portfolio implementation analytics
- Collaborate with product teams, business development and client administration to prepare portfolio analyses for clients
· Enhancing portfolio implementation:
- Work on projects with senior portfolio managers, researchers, developers, and traders to improve systematic portfolio management practices
- Coordinate/participate in design and automation projects for the portfolio management workflow
- Implement new portfolios/strategies to enhance client offerings
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree from top academic institution in finance, economics, quantitative or scientific discipline
- 0-4 years of experience in the financial industry; quantitative environment preferred
- Strong technical aptitude with demonstrated experience and knowledge of programming languages (Python, MATLAB, R, or equivalent) and SQL
- Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
- Excellent communication skills
Who You Are
- Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to operate within a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Committed to intellectual integrity, with a high degree of ethics
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, innovative environment
- Well-organized, detail-oriented; able to multi-task and keep track of various deadlines
AQR mandates that U.S. employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.