Portfolio Implementation Analyst/Associate
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We invest on behalf of our clients — including institutional investors, such as pension funds, defined contribution plans, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, family offices and sovereign wealth funds, as well as RIAs, private banks and financial advisors. Our commitment to these clients is to help them exceed their long-term objectives. We do this by filtering out market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by implementing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing.
Our focus on research-driven, practical insights powered by advanced technology, economic intuition and firm-wide risk management, has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies and explains why so many types of investors seek our expertise in meeting their financial challenges.
About the Team
The Portfolio Implementation team is responsible for the construction, optimization, and management of AQR’s global asset allocation and stock selection portfolios. Portfolio Implementation team members work closely with researchers to bring to market new systematic investment strategies and refine existing ones, applying a practical understanding of markets to portfolio management decisions. Portfolio Implementation Analysts/Associates manage portfolios across a broad range of investment mandates and across global markets in a collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment. They oversee all portfolio level activities and manage the launch of new investment mandates, coordinating across senior portfolio managers, client relationship managers and key functional groups. Exceptional candidates will quickly gain significant responsibility to shape key aspects of portfolio / strategy construction and implementation.
Our team is looking for an exceptionally talented individual to join the Portfolio Implementation team as a Portfolio Implementation Associate. Portfolio Implementation Analyst/Associates are exposed to all aspects of the portfolio management process for our global portfolios as well as opportunities to work with senior investment professionals within the firm. The candidate will also become intimately familiar with the financial industry and the investment philosophy which drives AQR. Tasks include:
Portfolio Construction, optimization and trade generation:
- Optimize portfolios based on model views, market frictions, and investment guidelines
- Oversee and interpret results of daily portfolio optimizations
- Devise trading plan to manage exposures and liquidity for portfolio inflows/redemptions
- Analyze portfolio characteristics and attribute performance drivers
- Design and enhance portfolio implementation analytics
- Collaborate with product teams, business development and client administration to prepare portfolio analyses for clients
Enhancing portfolio implementation:
- Work on projects with senior portfolio managers, researchers, developers, and traders to improve systematic portfolio management practices
- Coordinate/participate in design and automation projects for the portfolio management workflow
- Implement new portfolios/strategies to enhance client offerings
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree from top academic institution in finance, economics, quantitative or scientific discipline
- 0-4 years of experience in the financial industry; quantitative environment preferred
- Strong technical aptitude with demonstrated experience and knowledge of programming languages (Python, MATLAB, R, or equivalent) and SQL
- Strong problem solving and quantitative skills
- Excellent communication skills
Who You Are
- Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to operate within a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Committed to intellectual integrity, with a high degree of ethics
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, innovative environment
- Well-organized, detail-oriented; able to multi-task and keep track of various deadlines
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.