Treasury Operations Analyst
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
Operations has a diverse set of responsibilities, including settling and recording thousands of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risk, and partnering with technology to develop and implement low touch, streamlined processes. The operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new business, structures, and markets.
We are looking to hire a full-time Analyst to join the Treasury Operations team within Trading Operations. The primary responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Manage daily cash movements, including issuing and responding to margin calls for all trading relationships and agreements.
- Book wires to settle realized OTC PL.
- Monitor unencumbered cash and suggest rebalancing trades in short term cash investment vehicles.
- Review foreign currency balances and suggest FX repatriation trades.
- Prepare and disseminate the daily cash report to the firm.
- Onboard new accounts into the existing Treasury Operations systems.
- Coordinate with engineering to spec and test system enhancements for new mandates, structures, or regulations.
- Respond to ad hoc requests from internal and external interested parties, such as PMs, compliance, finance, custodians, and administrators.
What You’ll Bring
- Undergraduate Degree.
- 2-5 years of experience in a collateral management/margin analyst role at a bank or investment manager.
- Exposure to Trade Management Middle Office functions is a plus.
- Superior analytical and communication skills.
- Highly organized, able to multi-task, and eager to learn.
- High attention to detail.
- Proficient in Excel and Outlook.
- Mind set of continual process enhancement and automation.
- Comfortable working in a fast pace, team-based environment.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.