Paralegal-Private Funds & Managed Accounts
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
AQR takes a systematic, research-driven approach, applying quantitative tools to process fundamental information and manage risk. Our clients include institutional investors, such as pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, as well as financial advisors.
About The Team
AQR’s Legal & Compliance Team partners with internal groups to support the firm’s broad diversified platform of strategies and products, is responsible for overseeing and administering AQR’s Compliance Program and managing all legal documentation for the firm, as well as interacting with the firm’s regulators.
AQR is looking for a talented individual for the opportunity to join our Legal team as an investment funds and corporate paralegal.
- Support the Legal team with a broad range of legal tasks spanning corporate governance and fund specific initiatives/workflows.
- Use previously created templates to create standard legal documentation for regulatory, state and foreign filings.
- Draft corporate governance documentation, such as Board and committee agendas, notices, resolutions and minutes.
- Support in the drafting, review and coordination of formation, operating and offering documentation for the firm’s corporate entities and investment funds, as well as side letter and other agreements.
- Maintain the Legal team’s document retention system, including the organization, electronic filing and distribution (where necessary) of all corporate and investment fund related organizational documents, agreements, offering materials and other documentation, as well maintaining the firm’s register of existing and new investment funds in the firm’s proprietary relationship management system.
- Respond to investor questionnaires, requests for proposals, know your customer and other client and/or service provider requests.
- Assist with the opening of firm and investment fund custody and trading accounts.
- Support preparation and review of various regulatory and tax filings.
- Support the team on special projects as needed.
What You’ll Bring
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic record from a reputable.
- At least 3-5 years of paralegal experience.
- Experience with managing and maintaining corporate and/or investment funds related legal documentation.
- Experience in successfully managing different external and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Strong attention to detail, good business judgement and excellent analytical and problem- solving.
- Understanding of financial markets, securities and asset classes, and corporate and/or investment fund structuring and operations, preferable.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of direct experience in hedge fund/asset management industry (compliance, risk or legal), preferable.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint). Experience with document management systems (e.g., WorkShare, iManage) is a plus.
Who You Are
- Committed to intellectual curiosity and integrity, with a high degree of ethics.
- Mature, thoughtful and collaborative, with the ability to operate within a fast-paced, team–oriented culture, whilst able to effectively operate independently.
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, innovative environment.
- A self-starter with the ability to follow through and meet deadlines and exercise sound judgment.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
This job is eligible to be performed remotely in the United States.
The salary range for this role is expected to be $70,000-$90,000. This is the range that we in good faith believe is accurate for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, depending upon factors such as skills, experience, location, or other business and organizational needs. This wage range may also be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.