Talent Acquisition - Recruiter
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
Talent Acquisition partners with our business teams to support the needs of a growing and evolving organization. This is achieved by delivering high quality, customized learning and development and performance management programs that continuously challenge and stimulate intellectual curiosity. Attracting, educating, cultivating, and rewarding top performers ensure AQR will remain a world class organization. Seeking and retaining top talent is the only way we achieve this goal and as a team we contribute to this success.
AQR is seeking a recruiter to join our team. Simply put, talent attracts talent. Smart people want to be surrounded by smart people and this philosophy will drive and motivate how you approach each search, each candidate, and each client. The recruiter will be the front lines of representing our talent and our values and will successfully demonstrate this by ensuring a positive, high quality candidate and client experience. You realize that every touch point is an opportunity to enhance the firm’s brand and demonstrate to potential employees we care. The recruiter will be thoughtful and consultative in their approach, focusing on the quality and caliber of targeted candidates. No task is too small, no challenge insurmountable.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a sourcing methodology that utilizes multiple channels to identify top talent in the market
- Decrease the firms’ dependency on external recruiting agencies and focus on executing the firms’ lateral hire sourcing strategy
- Leverage AQR’s extensive network and brand to create a pipeline of potential candidates
- Develop big picture understanding of our business and how talent drives our success
- Act as a champion of our value system
- Own the full life cycle of recruitment for related searches
- Develop and maintain a database for future research and analysis on potential candidates
- Understand what motivates potential candidates and how AQR could fulfill those needs
- Understand and incorporate AQR’s culture into how you approach each candidate and search
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ years of experience recruiting in house or on the agency side within financial services
- Prior experience recruiting in the Quantitative Investment space
- Degree in business related field
- Good judgment, common sense, and self-awareness
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to rapid changes gracefully
- Ability to prioritize and keep clients informed throughout a search
- Ability to take direction and collaborate on how to best achieve success
- Drive, motivation, and desire
- Prior knowledge of Greenhouse a plus
Who You Are
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, collaborative environment
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as within a tea
- Thoughtful, reflective, professional, organized, and willing to defend one’s viewpoint
- Flexible, adaptable, and willing to roll up your sleeves and take on any tasks and projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.