Human Resources- Business Partner
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver superior, long-term results for our clients by seeking to filter out market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. Underpinning this philosophy is an unrelenting commitment to excellence in technology — powering our insights and analysis. This unique combination has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies since 1998.
AQR takes a systematic, research-driven approach, applying quantitative tools to process fundamental information and manage risk. Our clients include institutional investors, such as pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, as well as financial advisors.
Our Bengaluru office is an important global hub and a key component of our strategy. Team members work in our research, portfolio implementation and trading teams and are responsible for designing and implementing proprietary systems and tools that drive the quantitative strategy research and implementation that powers AQR. Our teams are small, motivated, and highly productive. Collaborating side-by-side with researchers, portfolio analysts and traders, you will become intimately familiar with the investment philosophy which drives AQR.
We are seeking a talented and broad skilled HR professional, primarily focused on talent acquisition but able to contribute across the full spectrum of Human Resources in an exciting start-up opportunity. Areas of focus include:
Lateral Hire Recruiting
- Responsible for developing and implementing a sourcing methodology that utilizes multiple channels to identify top talent in the market
- Decrease the firms’ dependency on external recruiting agencies and focus on executing the firms’ lateral hire sourcing strategy
- Leverage AQR’s extensive network and create a brand in the local market to build a pipeline of potential candidates
- Develop big picture understanding of our business and how talent drives our success
- Develop and maintain a database for future research and analysis on potential candidates
Organizational Development & Business Partner
- Organizational development - Manage Trainings for the office from conceptualization to implementation
- Employee engagement - Employee pulse surveys and focus group discussions and Employee engagement activities for the office
- Performance Management - Support the head of human resources on performance management, benefits and various HR reporting needs
- Compensation and Benefits Year end compensation reporting and metrics, work closely with AQR benefits leads on benefits offerings for India
- Act as a champion of our value system
- Understand what motivates potential candidates and how AQR could fulfill those needs
- Understand and incorporate AQR’s culture into how you approach each candidate and search
- Contribute to HR process such as onboarding, engagement and other year-end activities for the office
What You’ll Bring
- 3-6 years of experience in a Business partner/ Recruiting / Compensation and benefits role
- Experience in recruitment would be an added advantage though not mandatory
- Degree in business related field. Prefer candidates from tier 1 or 2 business schools
- Strong analytical and excel skills
- Comfortable in a high demand, but intellectual environment
- Good judgment, common sense and self-awareness, ability to learn quickly and adapt to rapid changes gracefully
- Ability to prioritize and keep clients informed throughout a search
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written form
- Thoughtful, reflective, professional, organized and willing to defend one’s viewpoint
- Ability to take direction and collaborate on how to best achieve success
- Drive, motivation and desire to build a best in class recruiting function
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.