Asia Markets Trader
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
AQR Capital Management is looking for an exceptionally talented individual to join our Global Trading Strategies team as an Asian Markets Trader. The trader will take on multiple responsibilities, including trading, trading strategy implementation, and execution optimization. Candidates should be ambitious and enthusiastic about implementing new ideas and possess the ability to work both individually and in a team setting.
- Execute trades in the Asian markets during local market hours. Gain proficiency in all products including, but not limited to: Equities, Futures (all asset classes), FX, Rates, etc.
- Cultivate relationships with various counterparties to improve execution quality, monitor developments in market structure and liquidity, and enact relevant changes
- Collaborate with the strategy research and portfolio management teams to uncover information relevant to the trading strategies and risk management of our funds
- Assist in the design, specification, and build of trading and liquidity analytics, O/EMS features, and critical trading tools
- Hours are 7:00pm to 3:00am Eastern Time, though this can be worked remotely from anywhere within US borders
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years of either buy-side or sell-side trading experience, any asset class specialty will be considered though having a keen desire to learn and gain experience is imperative
- Familiarity with nuances of International Market Structure and Regulations
- Sell-side and/or buy-side trading experience
- Experience with OTC and/or electronic markets
- Previous work with large data sets & applied statistical proficiency
- Strong educational credentials
- Proficiency in Python preferred & superior Excel skills mandatory
Who You Are
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual and collaborative environment
- Well-organized & detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high demand environment is essential
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- This job is not eligible to be performed in Colorado
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.