Business Analyst – Global Trading
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver superior, long-term results for our clients by seeking to filter out market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. Underpinning this philosophy is an unrelenting commitment to excellence in technology — powering our insights and analysis. This combination has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies since 1998.
AQR takes a systematic, research-driven approach, applying quantitative tools to process fundamental information and manage risk. Our clients include institutional investors, such as pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, as well as financial advisors.
About the Team
The Business Management team within Global Trading plays a critical role across a wide range of areas, including meeting new requirements raised by clients, managing many processes related to our counterparties, as well as defining the requirements for the next generation of trading technology enhancements that empowers the firm to scale.
The role involves understanding the technical and process architecture for the onboarding process to effectively support the requirements for Global Trading. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to multiple teams across the organization in a highly visible business process working within a dynamic team environment. Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers, Traders, Software Engineers, Counterparty Risk, Legal and Operations to support and maintain the onboarding process on behalf of Global Trading specific to client, product, and dealer set-ups.
- Initiate data change requests via internal tools and shepherding them through completion
- Gather business requirements, perform detailed testing, and produce associated functional specifications across multiple functions
- Respond to client inquiries through ad hoc data analysis
- Recommend solutions to streamline and scale existing workflows
What You’ll Bring
- An undergraduate degree required in Computer Science, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related field
- 1-4 years of experience in the financial industry
- Experience in a trading floor environment, with a working understanding of multiple asset classes
- Technical experience required including but not limited to database structures and programming experience, including SQL and/or Python skills
- Well-organized, detail oriented and exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Hard-working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, collaborative environment
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team under pressure in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.