Senior Systems Engineer
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
The Engineering group at AQR Capital Management is seeking an experienced system engineer to join the Platform Engineering team. This position allows plenty of opportunity for innovative thinking and designing solutions that directly address business needs. The successful candidate will have a wide array of technical experience in the Linux, Windows, Storage and Cloud ecosystems, with a strong focus on automation. Comfort in working directly with business users – application developers and Infrastructure teams – is a key aspect of this position. You will:
- Improve system installation, configuration and decommissioning procedures using Infrastructure as Code; contribute to and maintain system standards; create and maintain documentation.
- Manage critical infrastructure systems such as DNS, Credential stores, PKI and SSO federation tools.
- Mange Secure implementation of Azure AD services such as federation, ATP, Application Proxy, Conditional Access, Intune, etc.
- Manage Microsoft 365 products such as Office, Exchange Online and SharePoint online and Teams
- Manage the entire lifecycle of Linux and Windows systems in code: installation, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and retirement/disposal
- Review interoperability to ensure integration with other key systems
- Maintain both infrastructure and the monitoring and metrics of the infrastructure for a rapidly evolving firm
What You’ll Bring
- A minimum of 10 years information technology experience
- Experience in the following is required:
- Managing Linux, Windows and Storage systems
- Automation and provisioning using at least one Infrastructure as Code tool such as Ansible, Packer, Terraform, DSC, etc.
- Scripting or programming background is required (Python or PowerShell preferred)
- Experience troubleshooting web technologies for example http, ssl and websockets issues
- Experience managing load balancers and reverse proxies for example Netscaler, F5, haproxy, nginx
- Experience with Infrastructure and Application monitoring tools such as SumoLogic, Splunk, New Relic, DataDog, etc
- Knowledge of authentication and authorization (e.g. Kerberos, SAML, OAuth, OIDC, PingFed, Okta, adfs, etc)
- Knowledge of networking concepts (IP addressing, DHCP and DNS, NTP, multicast routing, 802.1q VLAN tagging) and diagnostic tools (tcpdump/ethtool)
- Knowledge of IT Security concepts (Firewalls, Proxies, DLP systems, etc.)
- Experience managing Privileged Access Management and credential stores such as CyberArk or Centrify
- This job is not eligible to be performed in Colorado
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.