Cloud Applications- Python Developer
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
Are you an experienced cloud architect/developer who can assist in designing, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Do you like to work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption?
In order for applications to be cloud optimized they need to be architected correctly enabling them to reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability. On the AWS platform services such as Amazon EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Lambda, Amazon Elastic Container Services to name just a few, provide opportunities to design and build cloud ready applications.
We are looking for hands on architects/developers who are passionate about:
- Helping architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
- Architecting and developing applications to be cloud optimized
- Working as a technical leader alongside business, development, and infrastructure teams
- Providing deep software development knowledge with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns, and programming
- Advising and implementing AWS best practices
- Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
- Agile software development and DevOps
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Master’s Degree desired
- 10+ years of an application programming and/or hands-on technical application architecture experience
- Extensive experience architecting, designing, and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
- Experience configuring, deploying, monitoring, and supporting Python applications
- Understanding of web technologies (e.g. load balancers, http, ssl)
- Understanding and Experience leveraging Git as source code control and part of a deployment pipeline
- Hands on programing skills in Python
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure. Prior success in automating a real-world production environment
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines used for release management across all environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Adept operating in a mixed Linux and Windows environment
- Hands on programing skills in any of the following: Java, C#, or Go
- Agile software development expertise
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins & Bamboo)
- Experience with deployment methodologies and DevOps principles such as immutability
- Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation or Terraform
- Understanding of service discovery software (Zookeeper, Consul) and distributed systems
- Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. Selenium, JMeter)
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
This job is not eligible to be performed in Colorado
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.