Trading Systems Engineer
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
About the Team
The Trade Engineering team is responsible for order management and efficient trade execution of AQR’s investment strategies. The team is comprised of experienced and highly motivated software developers who design and develop in-house built multi asset global trading systems.
We are seeking an innovative and passionate individual with experience in trading system development with exceptional software engineering skills. The role involves designing and implementing front office trading systems. We offer a unique opportunity to make a concrete contribution in a leading investment management firm, working in a rigorous and collaborative fast paced environment. In this role you will:
- Participate in every phase of the order and execution management systems development life cycle, working alongside researchers, traders and analytics engineers
- Learn about trading and research needs for multi asset trading, including global equities, futures, fixed income and currencies markets
- Build optimal solution to capture trade data for post trade analysis
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- B.S. degree (or above) in an engineering discipline (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc.) from a leading university
- Experience in building front office trading systems
- Knowledge of electronic trading concepts and market structure is a plus
- Expertise and demonstrated proficiency in at least one compiled language, preferably C# or Golang
- Hands-on experience with Python and SQL
- Experience in building high performant and scalable RESTful APIs or microservices is a plus
- Knowledge of containerization platforms (Docker) and cloud (AWS) is a plus
- Strong problem solving, trouble shooting, debugging, and analytical skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for technology
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Desire to learn in a highly collaborative environment
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.