Trading Support Engineer
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
We are seeking an exceptionally talented individual for the opportunity to join our Trading Support and Engineering group. You will report to the Head of Trade and Analytics support and will work closely with Traders, Portfolio Managers, Engineers, and Executives across the firm. You will:
- Be the front-line expert supporting our trading systems including order management systems, execution management systems, and data framework
- Develop strong relationships with both traders and engineers while integrating yourself into the daily trading cycle for both high-touch and low-touch flow
- Support teams and systems that interface with trading systems by being the technology subject-matter expert on the desk
- Detect and resolve issues with the trading stack and various upstream and downstream systems using your expert troubleshooting skills
- Identify, fix, and document recurring problems to improve overall performance and supportability of our systems
- Improve both our systems and our workflows through automation, code improvements, and process changes
- Participate in the on-call rotation
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ years of strong, hands-on trading desk experience supporting multiple asset classes
- Understanding of the trade lifecycle both pre and post-trade
- Proven experience in data management using SQL or other data access methods
- Previous hands-on experience in scripting and/or coding in Python, Powershell, C#, or other relevant languages
- An understanding of technology systems including monitoring, scheduling, deployment, and maintenance best practices
- Practical knowledge of the FIX protocol
- Experience with job schedulers or automation tools is a plus
- Intelligence and an energetic and goal-oriented attitude with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and exercise sound judgment
- A self-starter’s drive with the ability to follow through and complete tasks in a highly intellectual, collaborative environment
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.