About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
Our Risk Engineering team is seeking a developer to help maintain our Risk Management Platform and to create risk monitoring dashboards to support daily operations and investigations. You will work closely with the business to maintain TITAN, design and implement the visualizations to highlight key metrics, outliers, and effectively display large volumes of underlying data. Collaborating side-by-side with the risk business, you will become intimately familiar with AQR’s investment strategies and approaches for managing risk. You will participate fully in the design processing, regularly suggesting alternative approaches for presenting data. Responsibilities will include:
- Create responsive, effective visualizations of risk data
- Work closely with the Risk development team to access data through well-defined and published interfaces
What You’ll Bring
- Master’s Degree or bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or equivalent quantitative field
- Full stack development experience
- 2+ years’ of working with or analyzing data is a plus
- Outstanding user interface and visualization design skills are a plus
Who You Are
- Mature, thoughtful, and a natural fit for a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Hard-working and eager to learn in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Committed to intellectual integrity, transparency, and openness
- Motivated by the transformational effects of technology-at-scale
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.