Desktop Support Technician
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
We are seeking an exceptionally talented individual for the opportunity to join our Help Desk team within our Engineering group. You will report to the Senior Help Desk lead and will work closely across all departments within AQR. You will:
- Taking initial telephone or email inquiries and troubleshooting and managing simple hardware, software, or administrative problems.
- Installing and configuring hardware, software, and mobile applications.
- Recognizing and escalating more difficult problems to senior support techs.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications and project initiatives.
- Testing and evaluating new technologies to support business need.
- Logging and tracking issues in a ticketing system (Service Now) while managing multiple cases at a time.
- Providing timely and accurate customer feedback.
- Following up with clients to ensure the problem is resolved.
- Documenting processes and procedures for internal and customer facing use.
What You’ll Bring
- Certification preferred (Microsoft, A+, Network+, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience working in a help desk environment.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts with minimal notice.
- Available to work regular overtime.
- Proficiency with Windows, MAC, and IOS environments
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Detail oriented to keep updated notes on tickets.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic computer technical issues.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.