Business Analyst-Global Stock Selection, Research Engineering
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
AQR takes a systematic, research-driven approach, applying quantitative tools to process fundamental information and manage risk. Our clients include institutional investors, such as pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, as well as financial advisors.
About the Team
The Global Stock Selection (GSS) Research Engineering (RE) group enables and supports Global Stock Selection Research at AQR. GSS RE maintains a sophisticated infrastructure and tooling environment in support of the business, as well as a complex production process including orchestrating numerous workflows with large amounts of data. GSS RE is responsible for signal generation and model construction as well as many other aspects of portfolio construction that go into the running of our strategies. Research Engineers work closely with researchers to create new systematic investment strategies and refine existing ones, applying technology expertise along with a practical understanding of markets to implement research ideas and develop systems that further enable the business.
Our team is looking for an exceptionally talented individual to join the GSS Research Engineering team as a Business Analyst with strong quantitative/engineering background. Research Engineering offers the opportunities to be involved with all aspects of research and development for our global portfolios, as well as collaboration with various parts of the firm. The candidate will work closely with the engineers and researchers to help coordinate, communicate, drive projects, and detail out / spec work. In addition, enabling the engineers with additional domain context and experience, identifying work items and further streamlining and systematizing routine changes will also be a focus of this role. The individual will become intimately familiar with the research process and the investment philosophy which drives AQR. If you are in or are looking for a quant analyst or a front office quant role, you’d likely be a good fit. The candidate is also expected to gain detailed understanding of the GSS Research workflow and its interactions with other parts of the firm. Areas of responsibility will fall into three broad categories:
- Project execution
- Help defining and specifying projects, collaborating with other teams
- Help coordinate researchers and engineers
- Help translate research request and requirements into engineering tasks
- Communicating and coordinating progress, staying on top of implementation
- Helping drive testing and assuring final deliverables
- Process engineering
- Learn all aspects of the research engineering workflow
- Help engineers with domain experience and context
- Assist with code reviews and provide constructive feedback
- Gather feedback and generate ideas for business process enhancements
- Work with researchers and key stakeholders on project requirements and details
- Communication and Coordination
- Help bridge any gaps between research and engineering
- Work directly with engineers in support project deliverables
- Help refine requirements and breakdown requests in specific work
- Facilitation collaboration and communication between teams
- Enable Greenwich & India engineers to maximize value add
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in the financial industry, dealing with complex business processes
- Proven programming experience (Python, SQL, scripting languages)
- Experience in quantitative research and finance domain
- Prior experience implementing financial technology and business/system processes and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Who You Are
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Able to multi-task and keep track of various deadlines
- Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to operate within a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Committed to intellectual integrity, with a high degree of ethics
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, innovative environment
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.