Windows/VMWare Administrator - VP
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver superior, long-term results for our clients by seeking to filter out market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. Underpinning this philosophy is an unrelenting commitment to excellence in technology — powering our insights and analysis. This unique combination has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies since 1998.
AQR takes a systematic, research-driven approach, applying quantitative tools to process fundamental information and manage risk. Our clients include institutional investors, such as pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, as well as financial advisors.
We are seeking an experienced Windows and VMware engineer to join the Platform Engineering team. Responsibilities include managing and monitoring our Active Directory environment, running a mix of Windows 2012-2019 servers and our Vmware environment running both virtual server and virtual desktop infrastructure, improving existing technologies, providing support for many different VMware clusters, Windows servers and applications, and providing escalation support for the Help Desk and Operations teams. This individual will also provide technical documentation and participate in end user training when requested.
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum 5- 8 years Windows and VMware Administration support
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory administration and best practices (GPO, DFS, etc.)
- Basic architectural skills (introducing new applications into a production environment)
- Experience administrating Windows Server 2016, 2019 and 2019 core
- Windows clustering set up and administration
- Experience building, managing and upgrading VMware virtualization environments.
- Experience using VMware services such as vRealize, Universal Access Gateways (UAGs), and Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
- Experience managing VMWare with PowerCLI
- Experience with Horizon is preferred
- Enough familiarity with Networking to support Vmware. For example, LACP, port channeling, vLAN tagging, Virtual Distributed Switches (VDS), …
- Understanding of networking concepts including IP addressing, DHCP, DNS, etc.
- Experience with one or more programming/scripting languages such as PowerShell or Python (preferable)
- Ability to troubleshoot server issues and determine root cause
- Working knowledge of AWS is a plus
- Provide technical documentation, including build and maintenance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.