Trading Production Support - Associate
About AQR Capital India
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR India, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
We are seeking a talented individual for the opportunity to join our Trading Support and Engineering group. You will report to the Head of Trade and Analytics Support and will work closely with Traders, Portfolio Managers, Developers, and Executives across the firm. You will:
- Be the front-line expert supporting and improving our trading platform including analytics, data, finance, order management, and execution frameworks
- Manage the platforms, responsible for the data, applications, releases, integration, and testing
- Identify and automate manual, error-prone processes and flows turning tactical issues into
- strategic fixes
- Detect and resolve data issues within the trading stack and various upstream and downstream systems using your expert troubleshooting skills
- Solve complex business challenges presented by researchers, traders, and clients
- Develop strong relationships with both traders and engineers while integrating yourself into the daily cycle.
- Improve both our systems and our workflows through automation, code improvements, and process changes
What You’ll Bring
- Previous hands-on experience in scripting and/or coding in Python is essential. Experience with Perl is great to have
- 5 or more years of experience supporting critical production systems running on both Windows and Linux
- Expertise in data management using SQL queries, ETL packages, and other data access methods
- A desire to debug, enhance, and automate processes bringing order and consistency to our platform
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal. You’ll be working closely with senior executives
- Understanding of technology systems including automation, monitoring, scheduling, deployment, testing, and maintenance best practices
- Intelligence and an energetic and goal-oriented attitude with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and exercise sound judgment
- A self-starter’s drive with the ability to follow through and complete tasks in a highly intellectual, collaborative environment
- Familiarity with the trade lifecycle, multiple asset classes, and financial data is preferred but not necessary
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.