Team Lead - Trading Analytics
Trading Systems - Trade Analytics Lead
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR India, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
Our software engineers are responsible for designing and implementing proprietary systems and tools that drive the quantitative strategy research and implementation that powers AQR. Our development teams are small, motivated, and highly productive. Collaborating side-by-side with researchers and portfolio analysts, you will become intimately familiar with the investment philosophy which drives AQR.
Candidates will report into local Trading Development leaders and work closely with onshore teams to understand the business, build and support systems to enable effective trading platforms across equities, fixed income,
futures, currencies, and other major asset classes.
What You Will Bring
- Software development, maintenance, and support of the firm’s trading analytics systems
- Collaborate with internal development teams for trading requirements and delivery of solutions.
- Participate in global calls and engage in engineering affairs to stay attuned and aligned to general development initiatives and technology strategy.
Who You Are
- BA/BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field from top schools
- 10+ years of software development experience, preferably in front office trading area
- Experience with complex projects through the software development lifecycle
- Experience working and collaborating with global and distributed geographic teams
- Outstanding coding, debugging, and analytical skills. Strong focus on testing and test automation.
- Strong knowledge of object oriented techniques and programming principles
- Strong knowledge of contemporary technology solutions
- Strong experience on Java 8/C++, Python
- Experience in and knowledge of a broad spectrum of technologies is required – Scala, Hadoop ecosystem, Big data and Cloud technologies
- Strong knowledge of workflow platform using services, messaging, and graph-based dependency awareness
- Experience with automated testing frameworks is a plus
- Business knowledge of financial instruments, market microstructure, trade lifecycle, risk identification and mitigation is a plus.
We believe that the next innovation to transform our business could come from anyone at AQR. Expect to be recognized not only for your diligence and hard work today, but for your vision for tomorrow. We are mathematicians, computer scientists, engineers and artists, passionate about advancing financial research and pushing the limits of today’s technology.
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.