Production Support Engineer - Associate
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
We are seeking an Application Support Analyst/Associate who will work as a part of a dynamic team in a rapidly growing company. While the role is truly one of individual contributor, a high degree of interaction and teamwork are required to be effective in the role. The Application Support Analyst/Associate is responsible for ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction with various applications used by the firm. Some of the primary applications are trading systems, PnL systems, Risk systems, and Accounting systems.
The Application Support Analyst/Associate is responsible for providing technical support to end users, answering complex questions on function and usage of systems. The Application Support Analyst/Associate is also responsible for possessing thorough knowledge of the Application and improving the current software releases. You will:
• Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of AQR’s Applications products in order to support customers
• Manage users expectations to ensure satisfaction with AQR and our products
• Ensure that every user is treated professionally and with respect
• Act as a user advocate to Project Management and Development
• Log, research, and accurately resolve complex customer inquiries and problems in a timely manner
• Effectively interact with Quality Assurance to report bugs identified by customers
• Ensure proper escalation occurs for unresolved issues to ensure the customer remains satisfied
• Gain and maintain current knowledge of AQRs Support Policies and Procedures
• Contribute to the advancement of Team AQRs goals
• Rotating on-call responsibilities
What You’ll Bring
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (Informatics & Computing or software engineering related preferred)
• Minimum two years of experience in directly supporting software applications in the Financial Industry
• Strong troubleshooting capability
• External customer facing experience in a software support environment
• Ability to work effectively both independently and in a small team environment
• Experience with client server or web-based applications preferred
• Knowledge of Python, SQL Server, HTML preferred
• Staggering support shifts
• Maturity, credibility and clarity both in verbal and in written communication.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.