Platform Engineering Operations - Associate
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR India, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
The Platform Engineering group at AQR Capital Management is seeking an experienced DevOps engineer to join our Platform Operations team. This position allows plenty of opportunity for innovative thinking and designing solutions that directly address business needs. The successful candidate will have a wide array of technical experience in CI/CD pipeline, Docker, Windows/Linux administration. Comfort in working directly with business users, trading technology developers and Infrastructure teams. You will:
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Writing and deploying automation to maintain our deployments across multiple environments
- Scripting ability using Python, PowerShell and other automation languages
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across various platforms and applications
What You’ll Bring
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience with application deployment using Docker
- Experience with configuration management using Ansible
- CI/CD pipeline development using tools such as GIT, Artifactory, Jenkins and Bamboo
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills
- Experience with Infrastructure and Application monitoring tools (Zenoss, Elastic Search, New Relic, Data Dog etc)
- VMWare, Linux and/or Windows system administration
- Strong communicator
- Inquisitive mindset
- An appreciation for Data security best practices
- Willing to partner directly with business teams
- Ability to interpret and anticipate user requirements
- Ability to help prioritize backlog and collaborate with Product Owner closely
- Great troubleshooting skills
- Willing to provide great customer support on platform issues
- Experience with Amazon Web Service
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.