Front Office Data Engineer - Associate (Java)
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver superior, long-term results for our clients by seeking to filter out market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. Underpinning this philosophy is an unrelenting commitment to excellence in technology — powering our insights and analysis. This unique combination has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies since 1998.
AQR takes a systematic, research-driven approach, applying quantitative tools to process fundamental information and manage risk. Our clients include institutional investors, such as pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, as well as financial advisors.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a closely related subject
- Three or more) years developing complex production software systems
- True mastery of object-oriented programming techniques and design patterns
- Large-scale software development experience in Java & Spring Framework
- Broad practical experience with services architectures on cloud-based platforms (preferably AWS)
- Experience with a variety of SQL, NoSQL, and in-memory data storage and caching options
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, compelling documents (presentations, diagrams, wikis, etc.)
- Confidence to engage directly with our US-based business to discover and refine requirements
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.