Compliance Engineering - VP
AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration - and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
The role is a within the Middle Office Engineering team. Our teams are small, motivated, and highly productive. Collaborating side-by-side with AQR operations professionals, you will become intimately familiar with the platforms and processes that run AQR.
You will join an engineering team supporting one of the broadest business functions. You will design and build business applications for many sub-functions, including treasury, trade matching and settlement, portfolio accounting, fund performance, and others. You will also have key input into designing the future state of the technology stack for these functions.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 6+ Years of work experience building applications with C# in .Net framework.
- Experience with Angular or other web frameworks
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers is a plus
- Experience with SQL and/or No-SQL Databases a plus
- Outstanding coding, debugging, and analytical skills
- Experience with Source / Version control systems such as Git
- Familiarity with software development best practices
Who You Are
- Mature, thoughtful, and a natural fit for a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Hard-working and eager to learn in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Committed to intellectual integrity, transparency, and openness
- Motivated by the transformational effects of technology-at-scale
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.