UX/UI Engineer - Associate
AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration - and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
FrontEnd(UX/UI) Engineer will work hand in hand with multiple business and engineering teams .
- Work on AQR’s UX/UI framework & libraries
- Build and architect intuitive interfaces, infographics, and visualizations with storytelling dashboards.
- Rapidly iterate, prototype, and implement data visualizations using advanced design and development skills.
- Work in a fast-paced Agile environment especially as it pertains to new idea generation.
- Learn quickly and be excited by big challenges.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum experience of 2+ Years (up to 10 years) on developing performant and scalable user interfaces
- Knowledge of any of these frameworks Angular/ReactJs/VueJs
- Good understanding of NodeJs
- Strong Communication and mentoring skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communications skills - capable of developing well-structured communications and presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field.
- Experience in finance domain is a plus.
- Expertise in Angular is a plus
- Working knowledge of SASS, LESS , Photoshop etc is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Python/.Net/Java is a plus.
- Experience working with micro services, CD/CI is a plus.
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.