Trading – OMS Developer
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR India, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe in transparency and openness to new ideas.
Our software engineers are responsible for designing and implementing proprietary systems and tools that drive the quantitative strategy research and implementation that powers AQR. Our development teams are small, motivated, and highly productive. Collaborating side-by-side with researchers and portfolio analysts, you will become intimately familiar with the investment philosophy which drives AQR.
Candidates will report into local Trading Development leaders and work closely with onshore teams to understand the business, build and support systems to enable effective trading platforms across equities, fixed income, futures, currencies, and other major asset classes.
What You Will Bring
- Software development, maintenance, and support of the firm’s trading systems (Order Management & Execution Management)
- Collaborate with internal development teams for trading requirements and delivery of solutions.
- Participate in global calls and engage in engineering affairs to stay attuned and aligned to general development initiatives and technology strategy.
Who You Are
- BE/BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field from top schools
- 5+ years of software development experience in front office trading area
- Experience in building Trading Frontend – track record of working with traders and business partners locally or in remote regions to lead/build and evolve Order Management desktop systems.
- Expertise with directly or indirectly engaging in real-time and performant frontend trading systems that deal with Order/Quote-Entry/Blotter, requiring to handle high volume of real-time transactional data load and used by a spectrum of trading teams – managing a suite of assets that range across Equities, FI, Commodities, FX for both cash and derivatives globally.
- High maturity in architectural elements that go into distributed processing with trading systems: designing core components for front-end client management as well as
- Experience with complex projects through the software development lifecycle
- Experience working and collaborating with global and distributed geographic teams
- Outstanding coding, debugging, and analytical skills. Strong focus on testing and test automation.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented techniques and programming principles
- Strong knowledge of contemporary technology solutions
- Strong expertise on .Net, C#, MS SQL server and Windows/Linux.
- Experience and knowledge of a broad spectrum of technologies is a plus – Kafka, RabbitMQ, Distributed Service/Data, AWS Ecosystem.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks is a plus
- Direct or indirect exposure to the more modern UI technologies: HTML5, Type/Java script, frameworks like Angular/React/etc as it pertains to building real-time trading frontend systems.
- Business knowledge of financial instruments, market microstructure, trade lifecycle, risk identification and mitigation are a plus.
We believe that the next innovation to transform our business could come from anyone at AQR. Expect to be recognized not only for your diligence and hard work today, but for your vision for tomorrow. We are mathematicians, computer scientists and engineers, passionate about advancing financial investment management using technology.
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.