Security Engineer - Associate
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver superior, long-term results for our clients by seeking to filter out market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. Underpinning this philosophy is an unrelenting commitment to excellence in technology — powering our insights and analysis. This unique combination has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies since 1998.
AQR takes a systematic, research-driven approach, applying quantitative tools to process fundamental information and manage risk. Our clients include institutional investors, such as pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, as well as financial advisors.
AQR is seeking a Security Engineer who will build, test, operate, troubleshoot, and maintain information security technologies for on-premises and AWS environments. This information security infrastructure provides first-line controls in a defense-in-depth approach to advanced security technologies, processes, and procedures to protect the firm’s business practices and assets. The Security Engineer will have fundamental working knowledge with infrastructure security components. A highly technical hands-on security engineer with ability to troubleshoot a diverse range of security technologies and platforms.
We are looking for a Security Engineer who is passionate about:
- Implementing, testing, and maintaining security technologies across the stack (e.g., network, application, data)
- Working with next-generation infrastructure security components for firewalls, proxies, data protection, and endpoint protection technologies
- Enabling automation on security engineering and operational tasks using scripting languages
- Advising and implementing on-premises and Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud security best practices
- Serving internal clients on information security challenges and solutions
- Experience (5+ years) in implementing security engineering projects on-premises and in Amazon Web Services (AWS) with an emphasis on infrastructure security components
- Experience (5+ years) in engineering highly technical security infrastructure environments, preferably in Financial Services or related verticals with regulatory requirements
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Computer Engineering background preferred
- Team player and detail oriented, open and collaborative work ethic with a well-developed sense of ownership and responsibility, flexible, and adaptable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Tenacious perseverance in troubleshooting/investigating problems and processes and firm believer in established methodologies and best practices
- Design, engineer, implement, and support infrastructure security focused tools and services
- Hands-on experience working with next-generation firewall technologies (e.g., Palo Alto Networks, Cisco, etc.), intrusion prevention systems (IPS), and intrusion detection systems (IDS). Proficient in device configuration management, policy and ruleset design, troubleshooting, upgrades, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with proxy infrastructure (e.g., Bluecoat, Squid, etc.). Proficient in device configuration management, policy and ruleset design, troubleshooting, upgrades, etc.
- Experience working with Data Protection and Data Loss Prevention technologies
- Experience working with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and security analytics systems (e.g., Splunk, SumoLogic, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring and troubleshooting technologies and hands-on automation scripting skills (e.g., Python, etc.)
- Understanding of Endpoint Security, Vulnerability Management, Identity Management and Authentication/Authorization services
- Perform cyber security risk assessments for proprietary applications and of third party vendors
- Proven extensive engineering documentation skills using productivity tools (e.g., O365, Visio, etc.)
- Support the operational changes for security systems and adhere to change control process
- Contribute to long term security design strategy and roadmap, core security architecture, establishment of engineering standards and best practice playbooks
- Earned Cloud Security Certifications (e.g., AWS, Azure, etc.)
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.