Platform Engineer - VP - Team Lead
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver superior, long-term results for our clients by seeking to filter out market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. Underpinning this philosophy is an unrelenting commitment to excellence in technology — powering our insights and analysis. This unique combination has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies since 1998.
AQR takes a systematic, research-driven approach, applying quantitative tools to process fundamental information and manage risk. Our clients include institutional investors, such as pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, as well as financial advisors.
The Engineering department at AQR Capital Management is seeking an experienced Linux system engineer to join the Platform Engineering team. This position allows plenty of opportunity for innovative thinking and designing solutions that directly address business needs. The successful candidate will have a wide array of technical experience in the Linux ecosystem, with a strong focus on RHEL and Amazon Linux. Comfort in working directly with business users –trading technology developers and Infrastructure teams – is a key aspect of this position.
- Build a small team that will partner with other teams in India and the US.
- Help prioritize work for team membersResearch and recommend innovative products, services and solutions for both existing and emerging needs, with a heavy emphasis on AWS based technologies
- Improve existing and implement new automation processes to facilitate AWS and On-Premise services. Ability to implement full project Lifecyle, from gathering end user requirements to full production release and updates
- Advanced understanding of Linux and or Windows systems and issues related to maintaining a Hybrid Cloud environment
- Effectively resolve advanced requests from developers and Infrastructure. Possess a wide understanding of technology layers and ability to correlate data to address issues in AWS and On-Premise based infrastructure and services
- Maintain an infrastructure that showcases your ability to deliver world-class service for a rapidly evolving firm
What You’ll Bring
- A minimum of 10 years of Systems/Platform Engineering
- Leadership experience, preferably leading a team.
- One or more AWS Certifications preferred
- Server and Serverless AWS Services preferred (S3, Lambda, CloudFormation, ActiveMQ, RDS etc)
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing Linux systems (CentOS/RHEL, Amazon Linux etc.)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code solutions, e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation, Troposphere, AWS CDK, etc.
- Experience with Ansible or other Configuration Management solutions is required
- Understanding of Git workflows and exposure to collaboration on software projects with other team members. Experience with providing code reviews
- Strong scripting or programming background is required (Python, Bash)
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools preferred (Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity)
- Experience with AWS strongly preferred. Other Cloud technology exposure would be considered
- Significant exposure to Infrastructure and Application monitoring tools (NewRelic, Elastic Search, New Relic, DataDog etc)
- Exposure to container and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos) is preferred
- Strong understanding of networking concepts (IP addressing, DHCP and DNS, NTP) and diagnostic tools (tcpdump/ethtool)
- Some understanding of file and block based storage is preferred
- Some understanding of Windows server and the AzureAD/M365 Suite of SaaS product is preferred
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.