Ops Engineering Lead - VP
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR India, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe in transparency and openness to new ideas.
The role is a lead within the Middle Office Engineering team - but due to the ubiquity of the data we support you will interact with teams from every corner of AQR including research, portfolio implementation, trading and other functions within middle office. Our teams are small, motivated, and highly productive. Collaborating side-by-side with AQR operations professionals, you will become intimately familiar with the platforms and processes that run AQR.
You will join as a team lead for the middle office engineering group and will be building out pre & post trade technology to support one of the largest quantitative investment firms in the world. Teams are focusing on building out a new cloud-based platform across various functions of the middle office group.
You will be responsible for liaising with stakeholders and onshore counterparts to deliver projects across various middle office functions, including: Portfolio Finance, Compliance, Sec Master, Valuations, Trade Management, Treasury, and Portfolio Operations. You will have key input into designing the future state of the technology stack for this group.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 10 Years of relevant work experience
- Experience managing a team and a portfolio of development projects in a remote environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively manage projects with stakeholders and onshore counterparts.
- An interest in quantitative finance, experience in the finance domain would be a plus. (no finance experience required)
- Outstanding coding, debugging, and analytical skills
- Background in .NET, Java, or Python and open to learn new languages.
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL Databases a plus
- Familiarity with one of the large cloud providers is a plus but not required
Who You Are
- Mature, thoughtful, and a natural fit for a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Hard-working and eager to learn in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Committed to intellectual integrity, transparency, and openness
- Motivated by the transformational effects of technology-at-scale
We believe that the next innovation to transform our business could come from anyone at AQR. Expect to be recognized not only for your diligence and hard work today, but for your vision for tomorrow. We are mathematicians, computer scientists and engineers, passionate about advancing financial investment management using technology.
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.