Middle Office - Compliance and Legal Engineering - Associate
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR India, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe in transparency and openness to new ideas.
Our software engineers are responsible for designing and implementing proprietary systems and tools that drive the quantitative strategy research and implementation that powers AQR. Our development teams are small, motivated, and highly productive. Collaborating side-by-side with researchers and portfolio analysts, you will become intimately familiar with the investment philosophy which drives AQR.
You will join engineering team supporting one of the most diverse business function, working, among others, with investment management guidelines monitoring, trading surveillance, regulatory reporting, building and supporting extensible and scalable business-facing applications to satisfy the needs of one of the largest quantitative investment firms in the world. You will also have key input into designing the future state of the technology stack for this function.
What You’ll Bring
- 4 Years of relevant work experience
- Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Outstanding coding, debugging, and analytical skills
- Experience working in a distributed data environment and integrating bespoke solutions with vendor products
- Background in .NET or Java, but open to other technologies such as Python
- Familiarity with one of the large cloud providers is a plus but not required
- An interest in quantitative finance (no finance / trading experience required)
Who You Are
- Mature, thoughtful, and a natural fit for a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Hard-working and eager to learn in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Committed to intellectual integrity, transparency, and openness
- Motivated by the transformational effects of technology-at-scale
We believe that the next innovation to transform our business could come from anyone at AQR. Expect to be recognized not only for your diligence and hard work today, but for your vision for tomorrow. We are mathematicians, computer scientists and engineers, passionate about advancing financial investment management using technology.
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.