Front Office Data Engineering (Portfolio Analytics) - VP
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver superior, long-term results for our clients by seeking to filter out market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. Underpinning this philosophy is an unrelenting commitment to excellence in technology — powering our insights and analysis. This unique combination has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies since 1998.
AQR takes a systematic, research-driven approach, applying quantitative tools to process fundamental information and manage risk. Our clients include institutional investors, such as pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, as well as financial advisors.
AQR Capital Management, is seeking a talented senior Python 3 and Pandas developer to join our Front Office Data Engineering group and work on our next generation portfolio analytics platform. The role is based in our growing Bengaluru, India office. We are seeking a candidate with deep knowledge of Python 3 and Pandas development patterns, best practices, tooling, and ecosystems in an enterprise-level, mission-critical environment. Since this is a senior role, your experience will demonstrate that you are self-motivated, can design and deliver scalable solutions to large complex problems, and can communicate confidently with fellow developers and end users.
You will have an uncompromising eye for good software architecture, a deep understanding of software fundamentals such as memory hierarchies and concurrency, and a track record of project delivery on modern cloud-based, services-oriented platforms. This is a hands-on development role with aggressive delivery schedules. You will also be expected to mentor and possibly manage more junior developers.
Experience in quantitative finance is helpful but not required. If you have developed impactful services-based systems in any industry, we’ll teach you the finance that you need to succeed in our world.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a closely related subject
- Five to ten (or more) years developing complex production software systems
- Enterprise-level software development experience in Python 3 and Pandas
- True mastery of object-oriented programming techniques and design patterns
- Experience with a variety of SQL, NoSQL, and in-memory data storage and caching options
- Broad practical experience with services architectures on cloud-based platforms (preferably AWS)
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, compelling documents (presentations, diagrams, wikis, etc.)
- Confidence to engage directly with our US-based business to discover and refine requirements
- Maturity and confidence to mentor and possibly manage junior developers and to lead by example in establishing coding standards and practices
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.