Enterprise Engineering - Analyst
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR India, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe in transparency and openness to new ideas.
The Team and Your Role
You will be a part of the Enterprise Engineering team, which is responsible for design and development of foundational software infrastructure utilized by applications throughout AQR, including:
- Enterprise Cloud Platform
- Enterprise Messaging Platform
- Common Data Access Framework
- Role Based Entitlements System
- Application Monitoring and Alerting
- Application Configuration Management
These foundational services are part of a larger project that streamlines the entire SDLC from project inception through to production and post-production. We build and maintain common development tools and libraries that are implemented in Java, C#, Python and Go.
The libraries provide business applications with core functionalities needed to build any application within our environment. In addition, we provide standardized cloud-based runtime platform with necessary tooling for all AQR applications.
Our team is also responsible to work together with all teams to ensure that these standardized technologies are adapted across AQR.
What You Will Bring:
- BA/BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field from top schools
- 1+ years of software development experience with substantial individual contribution
- Outstanding coding, debugging and analytical skills
- Experience working with complex projects through the software development lifecycle
- Experience working in a geographically spread out team
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Hands on programming experience with mastery over at least one programming language: Java, Python, C#, GO, and Angular.
Strong knowledge of:
- Microservice architecture
- RESTful application design
- Experience designing and developing distributed systems
- OOP design patterns (especially Java or C#) and data modeling
- Our technology platform includes:
- Spring Boot
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.