Cloud Application Developer - Associate
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver superior, long-term results for our clients by seeking to filter out market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. Underpinning this philosophy is an unrelenting commitment to excellence in technology — powering our insights and analysis. This unique combination has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies since 1998.
AQR takes a systematic, research-driven approach, applying quantitative tools to process fundamental information and manage risk. Our clients include institutional investors, such as pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, as well as financial advisors.
Are you an experienced cloud architect/developer who can assist in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Do you like to work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption? Have you managed a large-scale cloud initiative?
AQR is looking for a Cloud Application Developer . The role requires previous experience designing, deploying, and supporting large scale infrastructures on AWS.
In order for applications to be cloud optimized they need to be architected correctly enabling them to reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability. On the AWS platform services such as Amazon EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon Elastic Container Services to name just a few, provide opportunities to design and build cloud ready applications.
We are looking for a developer who is passionate about:
- Helping architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
- Architecting and developing applications to be cloud optimized
- Providing deep software development knowledge with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns, and programming
- Advising and implementing AWS best practices
- Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
- Agile software development and DevOps
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
- Building a reliable, secure AWS architecture
- BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Masters Degree desired.
- 5 - 8 years of an application programming and/or hands-on technical application architecture experience
- Agile software development expertise
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment for large regulated businesses.
- Experience configuring, deploying, monitoring and supporting Java and Python applications
- Understanding of packaging for python
- Understanding of web technologies (e.g. load balancers, http, ssl)
- Understanding and Experience leveraging GIT as source code control and part of a deployment pipeline
- Hands on programing skills in Python
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure. Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
- Experience with seamless/automated build pipelines used for release management across all environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Experience with configuration management tools preferably Ansible
- Adept operating in a mixed Linux and Windows environment
- Hands on programing skills in any of the following: JAVA, C#, C++, and Scala
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins & Bamboo)
- Experience with deployment methodologies and DevOps principles such as immutability
- Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation or Terraform
- Understanding of service discovery software (zookeeper, consul) and distributed systems
- Experience with automated testing tools (ie. Selenium, JMeter).
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.