BI/ Tableau Engineer - Associate
AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration - and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
Senior Tableau SME (subject matter expert) will work hand in hand with multiple business and engineering teams to run AQR Data Visualization Platform.
- Serve as analytics & visualization Tableau SME to build innovative solutions to support multiple teams.
- Build intuitive interfaces, infographics, and visualizations with storytelling dashboards.
- Model data and transform as per visualization need with efficiency.
- Perform day to day administration and support of Tableau Infrastructure.
- Create or refine data visualization guidelines, toolkits and processes.
- Rapidly iterate, prototype, and implement data visualizations using advanced design and development skills.
- Work in a fast-paced Agile environment especially as it pertains to new idea generation.
- Learn quickly and be excited by big challenges.
Skills / Requirements
- Overall experience of 8+ Years on data visualization, data modelling and SQL.
- 5+ years’ hands on experience with Tableau architecture, development and administration.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Proven track record and portfolio of successful work in BI Visual Analytics (Tableau Public profile is a must).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communications skills - capable of developing well-structured communications and presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or equivalent quantitative field.
- Experience in finance is a plus.
- Working knowledge of MicroStrategy is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Experience working with micro services is a plus.
- Tableau Viz champion (Viz of the day, week, month or Zen master) is a plus.
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.