Regulatory Reporting Associate
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the nexus of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
We are currently seeking an exceptionally talented individual with two to five-years’ experience with regulatory reporting, preferably with an investment manager or fund administrator, to join our Compliance Department.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of all regulatory reports filed on behalf of the firm.
- Coordinate collecting and synthesizing data for various daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to U.S. and foreign regulators and departments, such as the SEC, CFTC, NFA, U.S. Treasury, Bureau of Economic Analysis, as well the UK’s FCA, Germany’s BaFin, Italy’s CONSOB, and various others.
- Develop and document internal processes and procedures related to the firm’s various current and future filing obligations.
- Keep abreast of global regulatory developments, particularly in the U.S., Asia, and Europe, and apprise other departments and groups of applicable requirements by researching regulatory and filing rules and writing and communicating guidelines and while becoming a part of a strategic solution for process and control modifications within the firm.
What You’ll Bring
- An undergraduate degree with a focus in Accounting, Finance or Computer Science
- Preferred experience with major shareholder / disclosure of interest filings, Section 13, the EU Short Sale Rule, Treasury International Capital (TIC) reports, and/or EMIR
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes, create efficiencies
- High proficiency in Excel and Bloomberg
- Knowledge of complex financial derivatives
- C.F.A. or C.P.A. is a plus
Who You Are
- Intelligent, energetic and goal-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, meet deadlines with limited supervision and exercise sound judgment.
- A self-starter with the ability to follow through and complete tasks in a highly intellectual, collaborative environment.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to focus on details and their interaction, while keeping in mind the bigger picture.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to confidently collaborate with senior management and various departments within the firm.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.