CNH Event Driven Analyst
About CNH Partners
CNH Partners was founded in 2001 as a joint venture of AQR Capital Management, LLC with Mark Mitchell and Todd Pulvino. The initials “CNH” stem from Founding Principals Mitchell and Pulvino, who are former professors at University of Chicago, Northwestern University, and Harvard University. CNH focuses solely on the research and portfolio management of arbitrage and corporate event strategies while leveraging AQR’s infrastructure for all other investment management functions. Separate strategies managed by CNH are merger arbitrage, convertible arbitrage and diversified opportunities. CNH also sub-advises sleeves of AQR’s multi-strategy hedge funds that employ the same strategies.
About the Team
The event-driven team is responsible for managing multi-billion dollar portfolios across both AQR and CNH investment platforms. The arbitrage strategy group (CNH) builds portfolios diversified across industries and has played an important part in the multi-strategy investment suite offered by AQR/CNH since 2001. Members of the team are required to collaborate closely with trading and other portfolio management groups, as well as produce detailed reporting to principals and business development.
We are seeking an exceptional individual to join the CNH Portfolio Management team. This individual will play an important part in assisting portfolio managers with tasks related to a suite of arbitrage strategies. The role will provide a seat on the portfolio management desk, and a chance to learn the entire strategy offerings at CNH by assisting in the ongoing research effort (data-scrubbing, news searches, etc.) and daily tasks related to management of the portfolio. Strong analytical ability, written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work both independently and as a direct resource for the portfolio management team is required.
What You’ll Bring
- 1-3 years of experience in financial markets, prior experience writing code (Python) is required
- Understanding of corporate financial reporting; income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow
- High attention to detail and strong sense of ownership
- Ability to communicate credibly and with clarity, both verbally and in writing
Who You Are
- Well-organized, detail-oriented; able to multi-task and keep track of various deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Highest level of integrity, empathy, and character
- Hard-working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, innovative environment
AQR and CNH are Equal Opportunity Employers EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.