Business Development Analyst - EMEA
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
AQR is looking to hire a full-time Analyst to join our Business Development group, based in London. The group works with AQR’s clients in North America, Europe, Australia and the Middle East to provide solutions to achieve their investment objectives. AQR clients include a cross-section of the world’s largest institutional investors, such as public and corporate pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, and foundations and endowments. AQR also serves the private-wealth community and Registered Investment Advisors.
Specific responsibilities vary from team to team within Business Development, but generally include some or all of the following:
- Provide support to senior members of Business Development whose objective is to build and deepen relationships with investors
- Develop strong AQR product and asset class knowledge and demonstrate interest in the industry
- Liaise with other members of Business Development to update marketing materials and leverage the firm’s intellectual capital (e.g., coordinate the distribution of AQR white papers, webinars and analysis)
- Complete the investment portion of Requests for Proposal/Information and Due Diligence Questionnaires
- Interact with portfolio managers to help create and maintain up-to-date, high quality presentation materials
- Act as a point of contact for existing investors and be responsible for marshaling the full resources of the firm to coordinate responses to all investor inquiries
- Coordinate client meetings and conference calls with investors
What You’ll Bring
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business or a Science, Quantitative, or Engineering Program from a top university is preferred.
- 0-2 years’ of relevant post-undergraduate experience within a professional services environment; financial services, investment management and management consultant backgrounds are a plus.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- High proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent academic credentials
Who You Are
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly academic, collaborative environment
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Enthusiastic about developing and implementing ideas
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as within a team
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of finance and the investment management industry is highly desirable
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.