Marketing and Events Specialist
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment management firm dedicated to delivering results for our clients. At the nexus of economics, behavioral finance, data and technology, AQR’s evolution over two decades has been a continuous exploration of what drives markets and how it can be applied to client portfolios. The firm is headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut, with offices in Bangalore, Munich, Hong Kong, London and Sydney.
AQR Capital Management is looking for an exceptionally talented individual with at least 3-5 years of experience to join our Marketing team.
AQR’s Marketing team is responsible for brand management, corporate communications, channel marketing, event management, design and digital strategy for the firm. Our goal is to continue to build awareness of AQR across channels and regions as a leading investment manager and thought leader. Through various touchpoints, we seek to deliver the most effective, innovative and scalable ways to express the traits that set AQR apart: investment capabilities, client solutions, ties to academia and industry expertise.
The Marketing team is part of AQR’s broader Business Development team of 90 professionals dedicated to excellence in client service.
Your Role: Marketing & Event Specialist
We are seeking a detail-oriented, proactive Marketing & Event Specialist to play a key role in producing AQR’s external and internal events. This individual would be responsible for working closely with members of the Marketing team and business channels to successfully coordinate events and projects, ensuring that programs reflect the AQR brand, are executed in-line with business goals and are of the highest quality.
The ideal candidate has excellent organizational skills with the ability to efficiently manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, high-demand environment. This individual is a collaborative team player with a willingness to be hands on and oversee events and projects from start to finish. A professional, polished and positive disposition, along with excellent process orientation, is required. Travel and the ability to work non-traditional hours required as needed.
- Manage all pre, during and post logistics for client events ranging in size, type and format. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to organizing event collateral, content and agenda; overseeing registration, speaker preparation and contracting; and coordinating video/webinar support, client communications and follow up.
- Foster strong relationships, interfacing easily with a variety of internal and external teams on events or projects, ensuring format, venue and set-up is in line with the brand and established vision.
- Oversee events calendar and successfully keep multiple moving pieces on track and executed within set timeframe and budget.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with hotels, restaurants, and other third party providers.
- Maintain a detailed system for invitation/registration process, manage event pages, track event metrics and provide thorough follow-up post event.
- Work with compliance and cross functionally to ensure adherence to global regulatory environment.
- Develop ways to continuously enhance the planning process, manage budgets and expenses, leverage technology, analyze success, and improve attendee experience.
- Identify and incorporate industry best practices in an effort to increase our productivity and effectiveness.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years’ experience executing professional events, ideally for high profile organizations and clients. Financial services experience preferred.
- Must be highly- organized and extremely detail- oriented with a passion for accuracy.
- Excellent ability to develop and manage processes/systems while working efficiently on a variety of projects.
- Positive disposition and attitude at all times, especially under pressure. Must be polished and able to professionally interface with a variety of stakeholders.
- A collaborative, team-focused approach.
- Strong business sense and understanding of end-user perceptions.
- Interest in the broader Marketing functions and how they work together.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, professionalism and customer service presence.
- Passionate, creative and flexible to adapt to changing needs and multiple priorities in a fast paced, high demand environment.
- Ability to proactively anticipate needs and solve problems logically and critically.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Experience with advanced functions in Excel is a plus
- Proficiency in additional event technologies like Cvent, ON24, and Pardot a plus
Who You Are
- Accomplished, goal-driven professional passionate about client service and producing the highest quality end result.
- Proactive self-starter, resourceful and flexible.
- Presents with professionalism and confidence.
- Maintains a positive attitude in all situations.
- Willing to learn new tools and systems and embrace technology solutions
- Enjoys working independently and within a team
- Committed to excellent client service: producing materials and interacting with stakeholders with a focus on adherence to our standards of high-quality output and attention to detail
- Resourceful and well-organized with the ability to multi-task and work within tight timeframes
- Approach both existing and new responsibilities with enthusiasm and an innovation mind-set
- Excited to collaborate with colleagues across various teams, levels, and departments
- Goal-oriented, demonstrate a sense of personal growth and accountability
- Strong sense of integrity, consistent with AQR’s values and core principles
AQR mandates that U.S. employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.