Business Development Services Analyst
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
AQR Capital Management is looking for an exceptionally talented individual with up to three years of experience to join our BD Services team.
The BD Services team serves a core function within AQR’s Business Development group by supporting sales and client service efforts. The primary responsibility of the role is to partner with Product Specialists and Business Development team members to create standardized presentation materials for use in client and prospect meetings. Our team executes this by focusing on how to best use our resources of people, processes, and technology in the most effective, efficient and creative way possible. Our overarching goal is to provide best-in-class client service to both our internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Partner with stakeholder teams to create standard client content across all product and vehicle types
- Produce regular and ad hoc materials for internal and external purposes
- Maintain a commitment to quality and attention to detail in a timely manner
- Partner with senior professionals and teams across the organization to improve workflow process
- Work with engineering teams to streamline production of recurring materials through automation
- Coordinate projects and ensure timelines are adhered to
- Professionally communicate with all levels of staff
- Foster a sense of teamwork, assisting others when needed
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preferred concentration in finance, economics, mathematics or other related fields
- 0-3 years of experience in financial services, asset management background is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with advanced functions in Excel is a plus
- Seismic knowledge is a strong plus
- SQL, and knowledge of other coding languages, is a plus
Who You Are:
- Enjoys working independently as well as within a team
- Determined to learn AQR’s suite of product offerings and complex financial models and concepts
- Ability to navigate in a fast-paced environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs change
- Committed to excellent client service: producing materials and interacting with stakeholders with a focus on adherence to our standards of high-quality output and attention to detail
- Challenge the status quo: approach both existing and new responsibilities with curiosity and an innovation mind-set
- Excited to collaborate with colleagues across various teams, levels, and departments
- Resourceful and well-organized with the ability to multi-task and work within tight timeframes
- Goal-oriented, demonstrate a sense of personal growth and accountability
- Strong sense of integrity, consistent with AQR’s values and core principles
AQR mandates that U.S. employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.