Marketing - Head of Digital Strategy
About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
The AQR Marketing team is responsible for brand management, corporate communications, digital strategy, design and signature events for the firm. Our goal is to raise the firm’s visibility and obtain and retain clients, using our global communications platform to address all investment strategies, regions and client channels. We seek to deliver the most effective, innovative and scalable ways to express the traits that set AQR apart: our close ties to leading academic institutions, investment capabilities, client solutions and industry expertise.
The Marketing team is part of AQR’s Business Development team, a growing group of 90 employees dedicated to excellence in client service.
We are seeking a creative, results-driven professional to develop, implement, measure and optimize AQR’s marketing strategies across all digital channels, effectively translating business objectives into exceptional web experiences. This professional is responsible for driving and creating a digital strategy to maximize reach and drive efficient and engaging content and messaging. This professional will develop innovative ideas that tie together web, mobile, email, search and social to help drive brand awareness and regard. This role will serve as a critical marketing leader within the company, helping to guide AQR’s branding efforts as well as fostering further adoption of digital technologies and channels as a core part of marketing. Deep expertise in digital strategy and channel management, current digital marketing technologies, knowledge of industry trends, project management skills and best-in- class creative engagement practices are required.
- Effectively translate organizational strategies and goals to corresponding digital initiatives across multiple channels. Ensure digital team activities are fully integrated with broader marketing team initiatives.
- Translate ideas and content for the web and multi-media platforms to maximize reach and create optimal user experiences in the digital space.
- Function as an analytical, digital thought leader; helping to identify digital marketing trends, new technologies, evolving best practices and competitor activity that help drive the business.
- Responsible for leading and managing a team of marketing and digital professionals by providing daily oversight and guidance in order to maintain digital properties, set priorities, streamline efficiencies and maximize growth and productivity.
- Prioritize, schedule, assign and track digital projects from inception through completion to ensure effective planning, timeline management and high-quality deliverables.
- Partner with business colleagues to define key brand and business development goals and leverage cross-functional opportunities.
- Drive, plan and execute SEO/SEM campaigns and social media presence in accordance with brand and regulatory guidelines.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and websites. Create dashboards to measure effectiveness of communications and alternate approaches. Identify and package user data into actionable plans.
- Partner with other internal groups (IT, Legal, Compliance, BD, Portfolio Management) and with external vendors to deliver a world-class digital client experience.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 12 years’ experience in digital marketing in a professional services environment.
- Exceptional understanding of all aspects of digital marketing channels.
- Skilled at strategic marketing planning, digital strategy, branding, paid search and social media.
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to derive actionable insights from web and consumer data.
- Creative with proven experience developing innovative concepts.
- Ability to effectively partner with business to understand and translate business objectives.
- Experience building platforms and services using both internal teams and external agency solutions.
- Excellent ability to develop and manage process while working efficiently on a variety of projects.
- Ability to identify actionable insights and implement continuous process improvements.
Who You Are
- Passionate about digital strategy, branding and marketing with the goal of producing the highest quality end results.
- Proactive self-starter, resourceful and flexible.
- Presents with professionalism and confidence.
- Polished with a positive demeanor and the ability to build rapport with a variety of stakeholders.
- Able to manage competing priorities. Passionate, creative and flexible to adapt to changing needs and multiple priorities in fast paced, high demand environment. Must have a clear point of view but able to shift in last minute opportunities.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and solve problems logically and critically.
- Detail oriented with passion for accuracy.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.