AQR Arbitrage-Convertible Arbitrage Analyst
About AQR Arbitrage
AQR Arbitrage is a joint venture with and affiliate of AQR Capital Management, LLC. AQR Arbitrage was founded in 2001 by Mark Mitchell and Todd Pulvino, who are former professors at University of Chicago, Northwestern University, and Harvard University. AQR Arbitrage focuses solely on the research and portfolio management of arbitrage and corporate event strategies while leveraging AQR’s infrastructure for all other investment management functions. AQR Arbitrage is in the same location as AQR for seamless integration at the headquarters in Greenwich, CT.
At AQR Arbitrage, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
AQR Arbitrage is looking for an exceptionally talented individual with 1 to 3 years post-undergraduate experience to join the Convertible Arbitrage Desk. The Convertible Arbitrage Desk is responsible for all aspects of managing the convertible arbitrage portfolio from trade ideas through risk management. Responsibilities include:
- Provide support to senior members of the Convertible Arbitrage Desk
- Including updating volatility metrics and credit spreads, helping to maintain our convertible arbitrage databases, and reading credit indentures, among other things
- Learn the convertible arbitrage strategy and assist with portfolio management
- Work with our development team to build technological tools that assist in portfolio management in Python
- Help develop trade ideas
What you’ll bring
- Strong problem solving, quantitative, and programming skills
- Excellent communication skills and vigorous attention to detail
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, collaborative environment
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of a variety of market-imposed deadlines
AQR mandates that U.S. employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
AQR and CNH are Equal Opportunity Employers EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.