AQR Arbitrage - 2023 Research Summer Analyst
About AQR Arbitrage
AQR Arbitrage is a joint venture with and affiliate of AQR Capital Management, LLC. AQR Arbitrage was founded in 2001 by Mark Mitchell and Todd Pulvino, who are former professors at University of Chicago, Northwestern University, and Harvard University. AQR Arbitrage focuses solely on the research and portfolio management of arbitrage and corporate event strategies while leveraging AQR’s infrastructure for all other investment management functions. AQR Arbitrage is in the same location as AQR for seamless integration at the headquarters in Greenwich, CT.
At AQR Arbitrage, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty, and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
AQR Arbitrage is looking for an exceptionally talented individual to join the event driven team. The event driven team is responsible for all aspects of managing the event driven and merger arbitrage portfolios from research to trade ideas and risk management. Responsibilities include:
- Research different aspects of the market as they pertain to the implementation of the event driven and merger arbitrage strategies
- Interfacing with Bloomberg APIs, data cleansing, tool building, etc.
- Analyze arbitrage strategies and learn about the arbitrage industry
- Access to AQR’s Quanta Academy
What you’ll bring
- Strong problem solving, quantitative, and programming skills. Extensive Python experience is required.
- Excellent communication skills and vigorous attention to detail.
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, collaborative environment.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of a variety of deadlines.
AQR mandates that U.S. employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
AQR and AQR Arbitrage are Equal Opportunity Employers. EEO/VET/DISABILITY
Life at AQR
AQR offers generous benefits: 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Perks include health and wellness allowances, meditation programs, onsite breakfasts and lunches and stocked kitchens with seasonal treats.
Employees participate in a range of connectivity and community building events & experiences the firm offers: Book Clubs, Research Colloquiums, baseball outings, Star Wars premiere, our Food Truck Social and volunteer opportunities.
Learning & Development
QUANTA, the firm's learning and development program, offers both professional and personal growth opportunities through 350+ classes per year.
AQR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.